Are you born a salesperson? Do the words energetic, pioneer and entrepreneurial describe you perfectly? And are you looking for the next step in an international career? Then we are looking for you! One of our clients in the Higher Education Industry is now hiring a Senior Business Development Manager. Intrigued? Continue reading!
What is your job as Senior Business Development Manager?
Creating new business, that’s basically the job description. The organisation you will be working for operates in the Higher Education Industry. They created a platform that connects students’ search for the best international study programmes with universities’ ambitions of growing a vivid, diverse group of international students attending their universities. It is your job to expand the business of this organisation in the Benelux and Nordic region, by identifying, creating and consolidating new business opportunities. Feeling ambitious and energetic already? There’s more to come.
As Senior Business Development Manager your will connect with top universities and help them grow a high-quality body of international students, matching their ambitions and goals. You will identify new opportunities, advise on international student mobility and help them promote their programmes and develop their business. You will have a seat at the C-level table and operate at this level. Long-term mutual beneficial relationships aimed at growth are the goal of all your endeavours.
In addition, you will expand, create and consolidate a network within the Higher Education Industry to create new business opportunities for your employer. You will use your own existing network, use platforms like LinkedIn and will be reaching out proactively to new contacts.
Finally, you will optimize the complete, complex commercial cycle, from lead generation to contract negotiations. Told you there was more to come 😉.
What’s to like about this organisation?
This organisation is the field leader in promoting and facilitating international higher education. As such, their ambitions are limitless, as are yours! In working for this organisation, you will be able to fully develop your potential, surrounded by people that are equally entrepreneurial, ambitious and motivated. Meanwhile the sphere remains informal, with an eye for teambuilding, informal get togethers and a vibrant and comfortable working environment. In addition, the job comes with ample opportunity to travel abroad, discovering new countries, working with colleagues from all over the globe and broaden your horizon. Hello world!
You’re perfect for the job if you:
- Have an extensive network within universities and other higher education organisations (requirement);
- Speak the language of sales and have the experience to show for it (field of experience is less important);
- Are fluent in English, and preferably in one or more additional languages;
- Have an eye for new business opportunities and get a kick out of pioneering;
- Are able to build and sustain a network through diverse channels, such as using platforms like LinkedIn, using your own network or reaching out to new contacts;
- Feel comfortable and enthusiastic about having a seat at the C-level table;
- Have experienced studying abroad and understand the needs of students looking to do the same;
- Love to work with people with different nationalities;
- Are energetic, ambitious and eager to contribute to improving the field of international higher education.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary, including an excellent, performance-based bonus and pension scheme;
- Working in a dynamic, top industry business;
- Proactive support of your ambitions, with the availability of a personal development budget;
- Great additional perks, such as a discount on your insurance, 25 days of paid leave, a laptop of your choice and fresh fruit every day;
- Friday get togethers and memorable team events.
This is a fulltime position.
The location is Eindhoven, but you are able to work remotely.